About Me

My photo
I am twenty-four years old, I love to read, write, sing, listen to music, watch theater, open presents, hike, and climb. The number one thing I dislike is lazy people. My goal in life over job, or money, or travel, is to overcome the struggles of the past, and become a whole, happy woman.

Friday, April 6, 2012

I believe the answer you are looking for is yes.

It's 11:30 on a Friday morning and I'm not at work. I should be skipping through the meadows and toasting a group full of strangers with a large glass of beer. Not me, I'm starving, pissed off, and writing a blog that no one will ever read. My bad day started out YESTERDAY when my boss texted me and told me I wasn't working my normal schedule, that I now only work from 1-6pm and get close to fifty dollars cut from my pay this week because of it. I wanted to scream at her "Some people aren't doctors, lady! SOME people have to pick up after themselves, take care or their own children, and pay their own way through school!!". Well I don't have children, but I do take pride in the other two tasks. Doesn't she know that I have to pay bills and that the first thing to suffer from my lack of pay check is my food supply?! Great another week of dollar frozen dinners. If I didn't work out and wasn't 24 years old, I may have had a heart attack from my gross diet by now.
It's safe to say I'm a pretty angry little lady. Most people can't tell by the looks of me. I was disguised with a sweet face to fool my prey, much like those beautiful poisonous frogs in the rain forest. I love those frogs. I pretend a lot, and it gets me through. I say "Oh, no I don't mind", and what I really mean is "I hate you for making me do this, and I think you are super lazy" and I am very courteous in saying "please", "thank you", and "I had fun" which all mean "give me that before I slap you" "I don't want to thank you, because you probably don't deserve to be thanked" and "I am so glad I get to go home now so I can REALLY have fun".  Is that mean? Probably. But are most people assholes? Most definitely.
One of the girls I work with had the audacity to tell me a few weeks ago, that her schedule and time was more important because she is married. She is 25, been with the same man for 6 years, and all they do is watch television and eat(heard it straight from the horses mouth), even on the weekends! Tell me HOW this makes her time more important when I go to school, then work, then home to work out, then eat something shower and go to bed to do it all over again. I would love to have the time or patience to sit in front of a television and watch the 40,000 shows she loves to explain in detail. But I don't have time, and I'm glad. I don't want to be like that, I don't want to be satisfied rotting my life away in front of the television. I want thrills, and new experiences, and pictures, and passion. Not experience those emotions through characters. Hell, I AM a character.
I think if I didn't write I would go insane with all this negativity built up inside. It's just very hard to appreciate people in this society, and let me tell you why
-People spend more time watching Twilight and Listening to Lady Gaga than bettering themselves or the world around them
-People feed their children fast food, and then sit them in front of a television, because they don't want to find something for them to do
-People would rather wait for things to be handed to them than try to go the distance to get it themselves
-People spend more money on organized sports than they do education in this country.
With all of that said, I am glad I was born in America with the freedoms we do have, but I think the freedom to be ignorant and mindless shouldn't be on that list. It's called the PURSUIT of happiness, not the "sit and wait for it to come" happiness. Every one wishes life were easier. I wish I had money thrown at me, I wish we all took care of each other, I wish everyone loved and hated all the same things I do, but that's unreal. and I get that. But do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment