About Me

My photo
I am twenty-four years old, I love to read, write, sing, listen to music, watch theater, open presents, hike, and climb. The number one thing I dislike is lazy people. My goal in life over job, or money, or travel, is to overcome the struggles of the past, and become a whole, happy woman.

Friday, November 30, 2012

A letter to a kindred soul

I received a book in the mail today, that one does not just buy themselves. Deep down I am a romantic, but I don't buy into this modern sex appeal and swift love. I want deep old fashion love, filled with subtlety and private meanings. Anyway, nine of this is important to this post, but I believe a thank you is in order, and how else to say thank you, but by a quote of the gift.

"Do not believe that I have ever failed to appreciate you; to think that would be to wrong me; for it would imply that you thought that I know not how to appreciate that which is devoted and noble. "
Napoleon the III, 1845

:)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing and beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most books are! Books are like fine art, but better, it doesn't cost you thousands of dollars to be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always found that books are the best gifts! A book is truly one of those things that just seems to evolve with time. The more you read the more you understand. The more you understand the better you become. Then a book becomes somewhat of a weapon, but only for you, and its then, when you understand the word, that it takes on value. One begins to value the author, the meaning and even the motive of the giver. And that is why giving a book to a "reader" can often generate the best of friends. I told you the story of my friend from Michigan. That book cost me maybe a quarter at the used book store, I don't even know if she read it, she never said but I lost count of the number of graces I received for giving that one gift.

    Would you tell us more about the book as you read it? I do like your post.

    I hope you choose to share more from your book. I have often heard of Napoleon's abilities with a pen. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry for the redundancy I was interrupted. Damn Work! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I can't wait to share my favorite love letters. I even have some from Queens to their lovers, it's so interesting and beautiful. Writing about love and reading it is almost better than experiencing it, because that letter is the same through-out time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. Yeah Id venture a guess that it's the one act that hasnt changed much over the years. In spite of technology. lol

    ReplyDelete