About Me

My photo
I am twenty-four years old, I love to read, write, sing, listen to music, watch theater, open presents, hike, and climb. The number one thing I dislike is lazy people. My goal in life over job, or money, or travel, is to overcome the struggles of the past, and become a whole, happy woman.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happy Holidays prt 2

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I'm a happy girl.
My sister left the house to live at Dad's when she was thirteen, I was five. So for most of my life I was raised as an only child. So with that mindset, my friends were teddy bears, the cats and dogs, and everything in the house was mine, I had never shared. So growing up, I wouldn't say I was spoiled, I never got new clothes, or candy or toys, but the things I had we're MINE. I've always been too possessive. Especially with spending time with people, I want it to be one on one, I don't like sharing the attention.

I wasn't happy then. Over the past couple of years, I've learned that giving and sharing makes you feel more love than taking and owning. I've learned that I will have pain, I will be sick, and I will be disappointed in the world. But I think as my spirit has gotten happier and my heart has gotten stronger, I could be useful to the world. I've learned that children growing up now are rejecting religion because its forced by parents, and when that happens, you get the opposite effect. I've learned that we should stop taking and taking from each other and our government. We need to humility, and gratitude. I can't even describe how lucky I am to have people that care. I may get frustrated than in 3 weeks I turn 25 and I haven't graduated and I'm still living in a tiny apartment, BUT I could have it worse, oh geez, so much worse. I've been in worse places, and seen worse people. There is always a hope in this crazy world.

This Christmas, I live like a queen, with electricity, a roof over my head, and people that love.

Thank you , and God Bless us all this Christmas Day and every day after.

8 comments:

  1. I would offer that you live like a queen because your beautiful, both inside and out. Your post always make me want to have a conversation with you. I love that. I hope you have the most wonderful day ever, that this year brings you blessings in abundance and that most of all you achive all that you want. You so deserve it. Have a wonderful day.

    Merry Christmas Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a beaugiful Chriatmas to you! Be safe and happy and let me know how it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked, such is medicine. I also made a doll house and rebuilt / stained a crib. We had tons of food brought in by all the folks. It was a nice and calm most of the night, and thats always a good thing in the ER. Mostly the patient base was the old, the lonely, the cold and the intoxicated/medically altered. Nothing to the night really. I Did do my best to vist with all but the intoxicated/medically altered, they wouldnt remember the coversation anyways. So over all it was uneventfull for the most part and that was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, someone has to do what you do, and I bet everyone there was very greatful for you:) I hope you had a sweet Christmas despite being at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and building a dollhouse sounds so neat! I love the way handmade dollhouses look, like tiny Victorian homes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send me an email and Ill send you the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be able to check tomorrow:)) Also, I don't believe I have your email(unless I'm an idiot, which could certainly be the case).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete